Find below our schedule for the 2018—19 academic year.
- VWAR 23 (September 05) - Courtney Hillebrecht (University of Nebraska, Lincoln), "Retreating from Justice: Explaining State Withdrawal from International Human Rights Tribunals."
- Discussants: Inken von Borzyskowski (Florida State University), Daniel W. Hill (University of Georgia), Yonatan Lupu (George Washington University)
- VWAR 24 (September 12) - Daniela Donno (University of Pittsburgh), Sara Fox (University of Pittsburgh), and Joshua I. Kaasik , "Compliance or Camouflage? International Incentives for Women’s Rights in Dictatorships."
- Discussants: Mala Htun (University of New Mexico), Anne Meng (University of Virginia), Anja Neundorf (University of Nottingham), Joe Wright (Pennsylvania State University)
- VWAR 25 (September 19) - Konstantin Ash (University of Central Florida), "Take Our Democracy – Please! Explaining Participation in Protests Calling for Military Takeover."
- Discussants: Jean Lachapelle (University of Michigan), Wonjun Song (Pennsylvania State University), and Peter B. White (Auburn University)
- VWAR 26 (September 26) - Maxim Ananyev (University of California, Los Angeles), and Michael Poyker (University of California, Los Angeles), "Information Acquisition and Projecting Invincibility in Authoritarian Elections."
- Discussants: Noah Buckley (New York University, Abu Dhabi), Cole J. Harvey (University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill), Zhaotian Luo (New York University), Katerina Tertytchnaya (University College London)
- VWAR 27 (October 17) - Milena Ang (University of Chicago), Genevieve Bates (University of Chicago), and Monika Nalepa (University of Chicago), "Identifying the Effect of Personnel Transitional Justice on the Quality of Democratic Representation."
- Discussants: Onur Bakiner (Seattle University), Margaret Hanson (Arizona State University), Cyanne Loyle (Indiana University), and Tesalia Rizzo (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
- VWAR 28 (November 28) - Christopher F. Patane (University of Missouri), "Home or Abroad: The Pattern of Russian Disinformation."