Find below our schedule for the 2017—18 academic year.
- VWAR 11 (September 20) - Inken von Borzyskowski (Florida State University), "Trust Us: Technical Election Assistance and Post-Election Violence."
- Discussants: S.P. Harish (College of William and Mary), Mai Hassan (University of Michigan), Aditi Malik (College of the Holy Cross)
- VWAR 12 (October 4) - Volha Charnysh (Princeton University) and Daniel Ziblatt (Harvard University), "Past Experience with Elections and Democratic Stability: Voting in Imperial and Weimar Germany."
- Discussants: Anja Neundorf (University of Nottingham), George Ofosu (Washington University), Henry Thomson (Arizona State University)
- VWAR 13 (October 18) - Paul Schuler (University of Arizona) and Chad Westerland (University of Arizona), "Authoritarian Legislatures and Property Rights Protection: Revisiting the Rubber Stamp Thesis with Bayesian Qualitative Analysis."
- Discussants: Quintin Beazer (Florida State University), Eric C. C. Chang (Michigan State University), Nathan M. Jensen (University of Texas, Austin), Matthew Charles Wilson (West Virginia University)
- VWAR 14 (November 1) - Yonatan Lupu (George Washington University) and Tiberiu Dragu (New York University), "Does Technology Undermine Authoritarian Regimes?"
- Discussants: Scott Gehlbach (University of Wisconsin, Madison), Andrew Little (University of California, Berkeley), David A. Siegel (Duke University), and Milan Svolik (Yale University)
- VWAR 15 (November 15) - Anja Neundorf (University of Nottingham), Johannes Gerschewski (Humboldt University Berlin), Roman-Gabriel Olar (University of Essex), "Inclusionary and Exclusionary Autocracies: How Dictators Win the Hearts and Minds of Citizens?"
- Discussants: Jonathan Hanson (University of Michigan), Carl Henrik Knutsen (University of Oslo), and Nikolay Marinov (University of Mannheim)
- VWAR 16 (November 29) - Wonjun Song (Pennsylvania State University), "Dictators, Personalized Security Forces, and Coups."
- Discussants: Barbara Piotrowska (University of Oxford), Espen Geelmuyden Rød (Uppsala University), and Tore Wig (Peace Research Institute Oslo)
- VWAR 17 (January 17) - TBD
- VWAR 18 (January 31) - TBD
- VWAR 19 (February 14) - TBD
- VWAR 20 (February 28) - TBD
- VWAR 21 (March 21) - TBD
- VWAR 22 (April 11) - TBD